The cold winter of the Mediona area, with frequent snowfall and cold nights that allow long periods of maturation, together with the type of rocky soil in which this variety is planted, offers ideal conditions to grow Riesling vines, a grape that has developed unique characteristics at MAS RODÓ. This is also why our take on Riesling is somewhat different from the traditional approach of central Europe. Our Riesling is absolutely dry, allowing for a better balance with the acidity that should always shine in a Riesling, with light tropical touches brought. An example of balance, delicacy and elegance.
|Type of Wine||
White wine with lees and barrel fermentation.
Mid September manual.
In French oak barrels.
12 months in bottle.
Cork, measures 45×24.
Tasting NoteBright and clear with a light golden colour. Complex and elegant aromas with reminiscences of pineapple and tropical fruits. In the mouth it is fresh and silky, with a remarkable acidity and a long finish.
PairingOur Riesling pairs with all kinds of seafood and fresh fish, foie gras, creamy and blue cheeses, and smoked foods. It’s also a great wine to relax with while cooking or to drink with friends.
- Gold Medal - Monovino 2019.
- Gold Medal - Gilbert & Gaillard 2018.
- 91 points - Guia Peñín 2017.
- 9.25 / 10 points - Guide of Vins de Catalunya 2016.
- Silver Medal - IWG, International Wine Guide 2016.
- "Wine of the Week" - German newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt.
- Gold Medal 2019 Gilbert & Gaillard